Primary Contract Specialist
Description of Requirement:
The Genomic Toxicology (Tox 21) Group requires the services of next gen sequencing of 144 RNA samples of human endothelial cells treated with tobacco smoke and tobacco related compounds for a Vascular Toxicity Study. This NCATS research study is designed to look at dose and time dependent signatures of tobacco smoke toxicity. This service will be utilized by the Tox 21 Group to analyze Human Endothelial Cells treated with Tobacco smoke and Tobacco related compounds.
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is the nation’s leading medical research agency and the primary Federal agency whose mission is to seek fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability, conducting, supporting and making medical discoveries that improve people’s health and save lives.
The National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) is a part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), which mission it is to catalyze the generation of innovative methods and technologies that will enhance the development, testing and implementation of diagnostics and therapeutics across a wide range of human diseases and conditions.
The NCATS Tox 21 Group within the Division of Preclinical Innovation (DPI) is tasked with identifying the toxic effects of compounds destined for human exposure from environmental, industrial, and pharmaceutical sources. The Tox 21 Group is pursuing the identification of novel methods to probe these toxicity events in model human cellular systems in an expedited manner that is also cost effective without the use of animal models. In pursuit of this goal, the Tox 21 Group has a number of scientists that are discovering and developing these methods to better understand the mechanisms of human toxicity.
Analysis of the data from these RNA sequencing services delivered by the Contractor will be further evaluated by NCATS.
Independently and not as an agent of the Government, the Contractor shall furnish all the necessary services, qualified personnel, material, equipment, and facilities, not otherwise provided by the Government as needed to perform the Statement of Work below:
The Contractor shall perform Quality Control (QC) of 144 RNA samples which NCATS will provide. The Contractor shall assess the quality of the samples through Agilent Tapestation which is an instrument used for measuring the quality of RNA ,or an equivalent.
The Contractor shall perform Illumina Next Gen Sequencing of these samples and return the results of this data analysis to NCATS.
QUOTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: (To be completed by the Offeror):
- Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
- Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
- Payment Discount Terms:
- Open Market; GSA FSS Contract Number; Other Government Agency (OGA) Contract Number, Government-wide Agency (GWAC) Contract Number; or National Institute of Health (NIH) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Number:
- DUNS No:
- Name of Company:
- Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
- Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
- Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
A Fixed-Price type Purchase Order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated for any contract resulting from this requirement. The anticipated award date is 1/19/2022.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
FAR 52.252-1 Solicitation Provisions Incorporated by Reference (FEB 1998)
This solicitation incorporates one or more solicitation provisions by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. The offeror is cautioned that the listed provisions may include blocks that must be completed by the offeror and submitted with its quotation or offer. In lieu of submitting the full text of those provisions, the offeror may identify the provision by paragraph identifier and provide the appropriate information with its quotation or offer. Also, the full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es): www.acquisition.gov
(End of provision)
FAR 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference (FEB 1998)
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es): www.acquisition.gov
(End of clause)
The FAR provisions and clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/
- The provisions of FAR Clause 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors—Commercial Items (NOV 2021) is applicable to this solicitation.
2. The provisions of FAR Clause 52.212.2 Evaluation—Commercial Items (NOV 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes:
a.Technical capability of the service offered to meet the Government requirement;
c. Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)].
3. The provisions of FAR Clause 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications—Commercial Items (NOV 2021), is applicable to this solicitation.
4. The provisions of FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions—Commercial Items (NOV 2021) with Addenda: Stop Work Order, FAR Clause 52.242-15 (AUG 1989) is applicable to this solicitation.
5. The provisions of FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders—Commercial Items (JAN 2022) is applicable to this solicitation. See attachment.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (OCT 2018),
52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (OCT 2018),
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (AUG 2020),
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (AUG 2020).
The clause at HHSAR 352.222-70, Contractor Cooperation in Equal Employment Opportunity Investigations (December 18, 2015)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are incorporated as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 pursuant to FAR 4.2103 Procedures and submit a completed copy as a separate document with their quotation.
- FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (NOV 2021)
- FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Aug 2020)
- FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services-Representation (Oct 2020)
- NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions (Rev. 2/10/2021)
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE: The anticipated period of performance is 1/19/2022 through 3/18/2022 (2-months). Inspection and acceptance will be performed at NCATS located at 9800 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20852. A firm fixed price type order is anticipated to be awarded as a result of this RFQ.
SUMMARY STATEMENT: Responses to this notice must include sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities of providing the product or service. The response shall include: the unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, delivery days after contract award, delivery terms, prompt payment discount terms, F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), product or catalog number(s); product description; and any other information or factors that may be considered in the award decision. Such factors may include: past performance; special features required for effective program performance; trade-in considerations; probable life of the item selected as compared with that of a comparable item; warranty considerations; maintenance availability; and environmental and energy efficiency considerations.
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.