Primary Contract Specialist
Secondary Contracting Officer
2850 CENTERVILLE RD
WILMINGTON, DE 19808-1610
Acquisition Procedures, Subpart 13. 106-1 (b)(1), Soliciting from a single source and is not expected to exceed the Simplified Acquisition threshold. Contracts awarded using FAR Part 13- Simplified Acquisition Procedures and at a dollar value less than the simplified acquisition threshold are exempt from the requirements of FAR Part 6- Competition Requirements.
Agilent Technologies trained technicians are the only technicians that are contractually capable of relocating MULTIFLO FX2 Dispenser System and EL 406 Washer Dispenser. Any other vendor would void and invalidate our existing service contract.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. has provided a sole source letter to the Government certifying that no other company is authorized to service the life sciences instruments.
Acquisition Authority: This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13 – Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2022-03 published in the Federal Register on January 01, 2022.
The National Institute on Aging owns two automated microplate washing and dispensing systems, one is the EL406 Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser – 384-well Washer with 3 reagent dispensers stacker and the other is the Multiflow Fx + Stacker.
These 2 machines are manufactured by Agilent. This equipment is used by the Center of Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias and requires relocation to a newly constructed CARD research center building.
Period of Performance:
January 31, 2022 thru April 30, 2022
SCOPE OF WORK
Independently and not as an agent of the Government, the Contractor shall furnish all the necessary services, qualified personnel, material, equipment, and facilities, not otherwise provided by the Government as needed to perform the Statement of Work below.
The Contractor shall provide the Government with relocation service for the following Agilent instruments:
EL406 Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser – 384-well Washer with 3 Reagent Dispensers
S/N’s : 20073023+200804E
Multiflow Fx + Stacker
Relocation services shall include all labor, travel, and replacement parts necessary to provide equipment to be moved FROM: 35 Convent Dr. Bldg 35, RmBD620 on NIH campus TO: 9000 Rockville Pike Bldg T44 on NIH Campus. Necessary replacement parts must be Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) certified. Service technicians must be factory trained to ensure the continuity of our existing service contract to avoid the contract being voided.
Service technicians will perform all relocation tasks including: deinstallation, providing packing materials, reinstallation, preventative maintenance, installation and qualification.
LEVEL OF EFFORT:
Vendor staff will ensure equipment is completely installed and reinstalled including software integration.
Government will provide workspace as well as access to a desktop computer and telephone for Contractor needs related to this requirement.
DELIVERY OR DELIVERABLES
Contractor shall provide a fully relocated functional warrantied MULTIFLO FX2 Dispenser System and EL 406 Washer Dispenser relocated to Bldg T44 on NIH campus.
The Contractor shall provide one report to the Government via email which details all maintenance and relocation work performed for the MULTIFLO FX2 Dispenser System and EL 406 Washer Dispenser.
No travel reimbursement is authorized for this requirement.
Vendor will provide a dedicated project manager to the government as a contact point for the services.
Section 508—Electronic and Information Technology Standards:
The contractor shall comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. § 794d), as amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (P.L. 105-220), August 7, 1998.
A Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Purchase Order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated from any contract resulting from this requirement.
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
1. Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. NIH BPA Number, if applicable:
5. DUNS No:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/
- FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors—Commercial Items (Sept 2021) is applicable to this solicitation.
- FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation—Commercial Items (Oct 2014) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
- FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications—Commercial Items (Feb 2021), is applicable to this solicitation
- FAR Provision 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Oct 2018)
- FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders—Commercial Items (Sept 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. See attachment.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
HHSAR 352.239-74, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice (Dec 2015)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are incorporated as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit a completed copy as a separate document with their quotation.
- FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Oct 2020)
- FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services-Representation (Oct 2020)
- NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
The clause at FAR 52.252-2, Clauses Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998), applies to this acquisition. This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at these addresses:
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.