Primary Contract Specialist
Salient Characteristics include the following:
• A PromethION Flow Cell (R9.4.1) consumable compatible with Promethion and P2 devices.
• Must contain the proprietary sensor array, Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and R9.4.1 nanopores suitable for all 1D experiments.
• Must be able to provide data in real-time and generate read files for analysis.
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part13 – Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2022-06 dated May 26, 2022.
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) Laboratory of Genetics and Genonics (LGG) requires sequencing kits to be used with Nanopore sequencing technology, which has been in use for several years now and has become optimized for use in in-house sequencing. This technology can offer direct sequencing of native DNA and RNA as well as amplified samples. The sequencing happens in real time. Once the equipment has been purchased, samples can easily be run in flow cells. These flow cells have the advantage of reading any length nucleic acid and can be used until the nanopores have reached their life expectancy. New flow cells must therefore be purchased as the used ones become inadequate over time.
1. PromethION Flow Cell (R9.4.1) - Quantity 36 (9 packs of 4 flow cells each).
Delivery Date: The estimated delivery date is 4 weeks from the date of award issuance.
Contract Type: A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror): For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable,responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is adomestic end product and include country of manufacture).
NOTE: Please provide quotes valid through September 30, 2022.
1. Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. Open Market; GSA FSS Contract Number; Other Government Agency(OGA) Contract Number, Government-wide Agency (GWAC) Contract Number; or National Institute of Health (NIH) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Number:
5. SAM Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) No:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/
1. FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Sept 2021)is applicable to this solicitation.
2. FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Oct 2014) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
3. FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (Feb 2021), is applicable to this solicitation
4. FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (November2021), is applicable to this solicitation.
5. FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (January 2022) is applicable to this solicitation. See attachment.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal (Aug 1999),
52.225-1, Buy American-Supplies (Nov 2021) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83),
HHSAR 352.239-73, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice(December 18, 2015).
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are incorporated as an attachment.
Offerors MUST complete
the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26and submit completed copies as separate documents with their quotation.
1. FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Oct 2020)
2. FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Aug 2020)
3. FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services-Representation (Oct 2020)
4. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.” Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror): For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
All responses must be received by August 5, 2022, at 12 pm EST and must reference announcement/ solicitation number NIA-22-011159. Responses may be submitted electronically to Carla Blalock (email@example.com). Fax responses will not be accepted.
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.