The 2023 NIDA International Forum
June 8–9, 2023
Join the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) International Program for the 2023 NIDA International Forum, which will be held as a virtual meeting on June 8 and 9, 2023. The Forum research symposium, poster session, and network-building activities focus on the range and quality of drug use and addiction research conducted around the world. Participants meet talented colleagues and learn about drug use and addiction research and policy issues in other countries, as well as the NIDA-supported fellowships and other programs that can support international collaborations. There is no fee to attend the NIDA International Forum.
|February 20, 2023||Forum Abstract Submission and Travel Award Request Closes|
|April 7, 2023||Forum Abstract and Travel Award Selections Announced|
|April 2023||Online Forum Registration Opens|
The NIDA International Program is no longer accepting abstract submissions for the virtual 2023 NIDA International Forum. Selection decisions will be announced on April 7, 2023.
NIDA International Forum Travel Award Request
The NIDA International Program is no longer accepting travel award requests to attend the in-person College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) annual scientific meeting. Travel award selections and amounts will be announced with abstract selections.
A participant will be considered for a travel award if he or she completed the travel award question during the abstract submission process and:
- Is the primary/first author of an abstract accepted for presentation at the NIDA International Research Poster Session.
- Is a citizen or permanent resident of a country other than the United States.
- Will participate in the full virtual NIDA International Forum (June 8–9, 2023) and the in-person College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) annual scientific meeting (June 17–21, 2023).
When travel award selections are made, priority will be given to a primary/first author who:
- Submits an abstract on a topic relevant to the Forum theme or NIDA’s international research priorities.
- Has not received travel support from the NIDA International Program between July 1, 2022, and June 30, 2023.
Important Note: A foreign abstract author may not transfer a travel award to a colleague.
CPDD International Research Poster Contest
CPDD gives an award for scientists from low-, lower-middle-, and upper-middle-income countries who present their research at the Joint NIDA International Forum/CPDD Workshop International Research Poster Session. The author of the winning poster will receive three nights’ accommodations at the conference hotel for the 2024 or 2025 CPDD and NIDA International Forum meetings.
There is no separate application process. All eligible poster presenters will be considered for the award if:
- They are citizens of a low-, lower-middle-, or upper-middle-income country as defined by the World Bank.
- The research was conducted in their home country or another low-, lower-middle-, or upper-middle-income country.
- They participate in the virtual 2023 NIDA International Forum.
For more information about the CPDD International Research Poster Contest, contact email@example.com.
CPDD International Committee Travel Award
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the College on Problems of Drug Dependence (CPDD) support an International Travel Award for up to two substance use and addiction researchers from low-income, lower-middle-income, or upper-middle-income countries (as defined by the World Bank) to participate in the NIDA International Forum and the CPDD Annual Scientific Meeting.
Read more and apply for this award on the CPDD Travel Award webpage in the “CPDD International Travel Awards” section.
Online registration for the virtual Forum will open in early April 2023.
There is no registration fee to attend the NIDA International Forum.
The 2023 Forum Agenda is being developed to fit a virtual schedule best suited for our international audience. The agenda will be updated over the next few weeks; please check back for updates. A link to register for the virtual Forum will be shared in early April 2023.
The NIDA International Forum Poster Session will be held as a virtual event and more information will be available soon.