- NIH HEAL Initiative – An aggressive, trans-agency effort to speed scientific solutions to stem the national opioid public health crisis.
- NIH Basic Behavioral & Social Science Opportunity Network (OppNet) – A collaboration for identifying and supporting cross-cutting basic social and behavioral research.
- NIH Blueprint for Neuroscience Research - A collaborative framework that includes the NIH Office of the Director and 14 NIH Institutes and Centers that support research on the nervous system.
- NIH Common Fund – Program that supports high priority research challenges that no single NIH Institute or Center can address on its own.
- Tobacco Regulatory Science Program (TRSP) – An NIH/FDA collaboration to foster tobacco regulatory research.