- Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit a Question or Comment
- Find Medical Help & Treatment
- General Inquiries Line: 301-443-6441
- For technical problems with the NIDA website, contact the NIDA Webmaster.
Office of Science Policy and Communications
National Institute on Drug Abuse
3WFN MSC 6024
16071 Industrial Dr
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Getting to NIDA
- Directions to NIDA Headquarters, Rockville, MD
- Directions to NIDA's Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD
NIDA is a biomedical research organization and does not provide personalized medical advice, treatment, or counselling.
IN AN EMERGENCY: If you or someone you know is experiencing severe symptoms or is in immediate danger, please seek immediate medical attention by calling 9-1-1 or visiting an emergency department. If you or someone you know is in crisis, please call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat. The call or web chat is free and confidential, and trained crisis workers are available 24/7 to help you.
For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the SAMHSA National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit www.FindTreatment.gov to find a qualified health care provider in your area.
For other personal medical advice, please speak to your doctor. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility: www.usa.gov/doctors