- Frequently Asked Questions
- Submit a Question or Comment
- Find Medical Help & Treatment
- General Inquiries Line: 301-443-6441
- For technical problems with the NIDA website, contact the NIDA Webmaster.
Office of Science Policy and Communications
National Institute on Drug Abuse
3WFN MSC 6024
16071 Industrial Dr
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Getting to NIDA
- Directions to NIDA Headquarters, Rockville, MD
- Directions to NIDA's Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, MD
NIDA is a biomedical research organization and does not provide personalized medical advice, treatment, or counselling.
IN AN EMERGENCY: If you or someone you know is experiencing severe symptoms or is in immediate danger, please seek immediate medical attention by calling 9-1-1 or visiting an emergency department. If you or someone you know experiencing a substance use and/or mental health crisis or any other kind of emotional distress, please call or text 988 or chat www.988lifeline.org to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Trained crisis counselors are available 24/7 to help you.
For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit www.FindTreatment.gov to find a qualified health care provider in your area.
For other personal medical advice, please speak to your doctor. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility: www.usa.gov/doctors