NIDA uses multiple sources to monitor the prevalence and trends regarding drug use in the United States. The resources on this webpage cover a variety of drug-related issues, including information on drug use, emergency room data, prevention and treatment programs, and other research findings. Read the DrugFacts.
- National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) - SAMHSA
- Wide-ranging ONline Data for Epidemiologic Research (WONDER) - CDC
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) - CDC
- Drug Abuse Data from the Community Epidemiology Work Group
- Economic Costs of Drug Abuse in the United States, 1992
For older content, visit the Archived Trends & Statistics.
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Substance Use Disorders (National Library of Medicine, NIH)
- Healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.
- NIDA Clinical Trial Locator - answer a few simple questions and get contact information for Clinical Trials near you.