Primary Contract Specialist
Pleasanton, CA 94588-3260
This acquisition is conducted under the authority of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13—Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Subpart 13.106-1 (b) (1), Soliciting from a single source and is not expected to exceed the simplified acquisition threshold. Contracts awarded using FAR Part 13—Simplified Acquisition Procedures and at a dollar value less than the simplified acquisition threshold are exempt from the requirements of FAR Part 6—Competition Requirements.
Single-Sole Source Determination:
This is a brand name requirement for a 10X Genomics Chromium Next GEM Single Cell 3’ Kit that will be used to perform long-read single cell sequencing of the aging mouse brain. These reagents must be compatible with the 10X Genomics single cell system that the LGG/NIA owns to ensure seamless integration and continuity of data. 10X Genomics has provided a sole source letter to the Government, certifying that they are the exclusive manufacturer of the Chromium Next GEM Single Cell 3’ Kit.
THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF THE ORIGINAL ANNOUNCEMENT UNDER THE SAME SOLICITATION NUMBER AND POSTED FROM MARCH 3, 2023 TO MARCH 13, 2023.
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13 – Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2023-01 dated December 30, 2022.
The 10x Genomics Chromium Single Cell 3’ Kit sequencing technology has been in use for several years and has become optimized for use in in-house sequencing library preparation. The Laboratory of Genetics and Genomics (LGG) utilizes this technology because it offers a scalable microfluidic platform profiling several thousands of individual cells per sample for gene expression. Cells are partitioned into nanoliter-scale gel beads-in-emulsion containing all the reagents required to synthetize barcoded full-length cDNAs. Long read sequencing libraries are then generated from these cDNAs and sequenced. The kit contains enough reagents to perform 16 reactions to test 16 samples. Afterwards, a new kit must therefore be purchased. The LGG lab needs the Chromium single Cell 3’ kit to continue their research and perform long-read single cell sequencing of the aging mouse brain.
Brand: 10x Genomics, Inc. - Catalog no. 1000268, Chromium Next GEM Single Cell 3' Kit v3.1, 16 rxns – QTY - One
The Chromium Next GEM Single Cell 3” Reagent Kit must provide the following:
- Single-cell sequencing that can detect biologically relevant gene expression signals masked by bulk measurement for a wide dynamic range of individual cells per chip across heterogeneous cell types (up to 8,000 cells per LT chip, up to 80,000 cells per standard throughput chip, up to 320,000 cells per HT chip).
- Uncover rare or novel cell types that can be characterized based on environmental or experimental conditions.
- Allow for simultaneous assessment of many phenotypes (e.g., gene expression and protein abundance).
- Allow targeted gene expression analysis with pre-designed and custom gene panels.
Quantity: One (1)
Delivery Date: 30 days ARO
Contract Type: A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
The Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), certification of country of ownership, and the certification of business size must be included in the response.
All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.”
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
1.Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. Open Market; GSA FSS Contract Number; Other Government Agency (OGA) Contract Number, Government-wide Agency (GWAC) Contract Number; or National Institute of Health (NIH) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Number:
5. SAM Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) No:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
Respondents that believe that they are manufacturers or authorized resellers of the brand-name product specified in this announcement must provide, as part of their response: (a) product, catalog, model, and/or part number(s); (b)product description; (c) all relevant information and documentation that the item(s) offered meets the salient physical, functional, or performance characteristics as specified in the purchase description; quantity; estimated price or cost; shipping, handling, and/or installation charges; and delivery date after receipt of order.
In case domestic sources are available and capable of fulfilling the Government’s need, the Government will use evaluation preferences in accordance with FAR 25.
Additional Terms and Conditions, Provisions, and Representations:
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/
1. FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation.
2. FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
3. FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (Dec 2022), is applicable to this solicitation
4. FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Dec 2022), is applicable to this solicitation.
5. FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (Dec 2022) is applicable to this solicitation. See attachment.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal (Aug 1999),
52.225-1, Buy American-Supplies (Oct 2022) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are incorporated as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit a completed copy as a separate document with their quotation.
- FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
- FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
- FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services Representation (Oct 2020)
- NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
All responses must be received by 3/20/2023, at 12PM EST and must reference announcement/solicitation number 23-004054. Responses may be submitted electronically to Randall Carter Randall.firstname.lastname@example.org). Fax responses will not be accepted.
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.