Primary Contract Specialist
Bar Harbor, ME 04609-1523
This notice of proposed acquisition is posted as an intent to award a purchase order on a non-competitive basis to The Jackson Laboratory for the purpose of custom breeding HET3 mice by crossing CByB6F1/J (Stock #10009) females and C3D2DF1/J (Stock #100004) males to generate mixed background offspring.
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13 – Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and FAR Part 12—Acquisition of Commercial Items, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2032-03 dated May 26, 2023.
The Translational Gerontology Branch (TGB) in collaboration with the Laboratory of Behavioral Neuroscience (LBN), Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science (LCS), Laboratory of Clinical Investigation (LCI), Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology (LMBI), Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology (LMG), and the Comparative Medicine Section (CMS) is conducting a longitudinal study of aging in mice to identify biomarkers that could serve as predictive factors for disease initiation and increase in mortality risk. The project was approved by the National Institute on Aging (NIA) Office of the Scientific Director as part of the inter-laboratory research proposals.
The Contractor will provide custom breeding of HET3 mice by crossing CByB6F1/J (Stock #10009) females and C3D2DF1/J (Stock #100004) males to generate mixed background offspring. The Contractor will breed and supply the mice at 4-6 weeks of age. Mice will then be maintained in the NIA Biomedical Research Center (BRC) Vivarium by TGB staff. Mice will be bred at the Contractor’s facilities and shipped to the NIA BRC via courier.
LEVEL OF EFFORT: N/A
GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: N/A
DELIVERY OR DELIVERABLES:
Shipment will consist of 50 males and 50 females at 4-6 weeks of age and age-matched C56BL/6J controls (50 males and 50 females) 3-4 months after the initial breeders are received.
The National Institute on Aging shall have unlimited rights and ownership of all deliverables provided under this contract with the Contractor, including reports, recommendations, briefings, work plans and all other deliverables. This includes the deliverables provided under the basic contract as outlined in the quote and any optional task deliverables exercised by the contracting officer. In addition, it includes any additional deliverables required by contract change.
Contract Type: A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
The Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), certification of country of ownership, and the certification of business size must be included in the response.
All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. Open Market; GSA FSS Contract Number; Other Government Agency (OGA) Contract Number, Government-wide Agency (GWAC) Contract Number; or National Institute of Health (NIH) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) Number:
5. SAM UEI No:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/
1. FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (March 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
2. FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
3. FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (December 2022), is applicable to this solicitation
4. FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (December 2022), is applicable to this solicitation.
5. FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (March 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
52.204-16 Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020).
HHSAR 352.239-73, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice (December 18, 2015).
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are incorporated as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit a completed copy as a separate document with their quotation.
1. FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
2. FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
3. FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services Representation (Oct 2020)
4. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
All responses must be received by June 5, 2023 at 9:00am EST and must reference announcement / solicitation number NIA 23-005667. Responses may be submitted electronically to Randall Carter (Randall.email@example.com). Fax responses will not be accepted.
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.