Primary Contract Specialist
Secondary Contracting Officer
Wayne, PA 19087-4569
This notice of proposed acquisition is posted as an intent to award a FFP contract on a non-competitive basis to VWR International LLC to purchase the objectives, condenser, and fluorescent LED cubes for the REVOLVE R4 Upright & Inverted Capability microscope.
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13 - Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and FAR Part 12- Acquisition of Commercial Items, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2023-05 dated September 7, 2023.
The National Institute on Aging (NIA), Laboratory of Genetics and Genomics (LGG) owns a Revolve Microscope Echo and require the components and objectives. This Microscopy has been a cornerstone of scientific exploration for centuries, enabling researchers to observe and analyze intricate structures at the cellular and subcellular levels. The REVOLVE Echo Microscope provides exceptional image clarity and resolution, allowing users to observe samples at the cellular and even subcellular level. The microscope is equipped with multiple imaging modalities, including brightfield, darkfield, phase contrast, and fluorescence microscopy. This versatility allows users to examine a wide range of specimens and adapt the imaging technique to suit specific research needs. With advanced technology for live-cell imaging, the REVOLVE Echo Microscope enables researchers to study dynamic processes in real-time. This is particularly valuable for understanding cellular behavior, cell interactions, and various biological mechanisms. Motorized turret accommodates up to four LED Light Cubes (DAPI, FITC, TEXAS RED and Cy5) which have exceptional performance in capturing images with 5 MP monochrome sCMOS camera and no darkroom required during visualization. Different optics helps to visualize cultured cells, nuclei, and others. The in-built intelligent Nosepiece informs software which objective is in use.
CUBE4001/DAPI: DAPI emits blue fluorescence when bound to DNA, and it is used to visualize cell nuclei.
CUBE4002/FITC: Fluorescent dye in molecular and cell biology experiments. FITC emits green fluorescence when excited with a specific wavelength of light.
CUBE4004/TxRED: Designed to excite a red-fluorescent dye called TxRED for visualization and analysis of fluorescently labeled samples.
CUBE4005/CY5: Designed for excitation (EX) and emission (EM) of a cyanine dye called CY5.
Objective 10X Fluorite PHS NA 0.30 10 mm: 10X (10 times magnification), Fluorite lens, which is a type of optical glass used to reduce chromatic aberration and improve image quality.
Objective 40X Fluorite PHS NA 0.75 0.51 mm: 40X (40 times magnification), Fluorite lens for improved image quality and reduced chromatic aberration. Numerical Aperture (NA): 0.75, indicating a higher light-gathering and resolving ability compared to the 10X objective. Working Distance: 0.51 mm, indicating a shorter working distance, which may be suitable for specific applications. Application: Suitable for higher magnification imaging and detailed examination of specimens.
Objective 4X Fluorite Phase NA 0.13 17 mm: Magnification: 4X (4 times magnification). Lens Type: Fluorite lens for reduced chromatic aberration. Numerical Aperture (NA): 0.13, which suggests a lower resolving power but a larger field of view. Working Distance: 17 mm, providing a significant distance between the objective lens and the specimen. Application: Potentially used in phase contrast microscopy for low magnification examination.
Objective 20X Fluorite ELWD NA 6.6-7.8 mm: Magnification: 20X (20 times magnification). Lens Type: Fluorite lens designed for enhanced image clarity. Numerical Aperture (NA): Range of 6.6-7.8 mm, suggesting good light-gathering capability. Working Distance: Variable, ranging from 6.6 mm to 7.8 mm, which can be helpful for imaging thicker samples. Application: Likely used for higher magnification imaging with increased working distance.
SCND1001/ELWD Universal Condenser: Designed for use with objectives that have longer working distances and potentially suitable for phase contrast or brightfield microscopy.
Quantity and Purchase Description:
One (1) CUBE4001/DAPI - EX:380/30 E/EA,
One (1) CUBE4002/FITC - EX:470/40 E/EA,
One (1) CUBE4004/TxRED - EX:560/40 /EA
One (1) CUBE4005/CY5 - EX:630/40 EM/EA
One (1) OBJECTIVE 10X FLUORITE PHS NA 0.30 10 MM
One (1) OBJECTIVE 40X FLUORITE PHS NA0.75 0.51MM
One (1) OBJECTIVE 4X FLUORITE PHASE NA 0.13 17MM
One (1) OBJECTIVE 20X FLUORITE ELWD NA 6.6-7.8MM
One (1) SCND1001/ELWD Universal Con/EA
One (1) STAGE INSERT UNIVERSAL
One (1) STAGE INSERT GLASS SLIDE
One (1) STAGE INSERT HEMOCYTOMETER
Delivery Date: within 30 days after award
A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
Summary Statement: The Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), certification of country of ownership, and the certification of business size must be included in the response.
All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.”
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
1. Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. NIH BPA Number, if applicable:
5. SAM UEI Number:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
In case domestic sources are available and capable of fulfilling the Government's need, the Government will use evaluation preferences in accordance with FAR 25.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/:
1. FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Mar 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
2. FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
3. FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (Dec 2022), is applicable to this solicitation.
4. FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Dec 2022) is applicable to this solicitation.
5. FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (June 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
1. 52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
2. 52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
3. FAR 52.204-16, Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
4. 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
5. 52.225-1, Buy American-Supplies (Oct 2022) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83),
6. HHSAR 352.239-73, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice (December 18, 2015).
7. FAR 52.204-27, Prohibition on a ByteDance Covered Application (Jun 2023)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are available as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit completed copies as separate documents with their quotation.
1. FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
2. FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
3. FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services Representation (Oct 2020) 3. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
4. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
All responses must be received by 9/18/2023 at 12PM and must reference announcement / solicitation number NIA 23-011358. Responses may be submitted electronically to Randall Carter at Randall.email@example.com Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit response which, if timely received, must be considered by the agency.”
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.