Primary Contract Specialist
Secondary Contracting Officer
Grand Island, New York 14072
This notice of proposed acquisition is posted as an intent to award a FFP contract on a non-competitive basis to Life Technologies Corporation to purchase Accelerome Sample Kits for the pending purchase of the Accelerome proteomic platform for processing of routine mass spectrometry samples through the Translational Genoproteomic Unit (TGU).
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 13 - Simplified Acquisition Procedures, and FAR Part 12- Acquisition of Commercial Items, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2023-05 dated September 7, 2023.
The purpose of this acquisition is to purchase Accelerome Sample Kits for the pending purchase of the Accelerome proteomic platform for processing of routine mass spectrometry samples through the Translational Genoproteomic Unit (TGU).
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) Translational Genoproteomic Unit (TGU) is in need of Accelerome sample kits for proteomic analysis of samples. Accelerome is a fully automated platform for processing proteins into acquisition-ready peptide samples for mass spectrometry. The Accelerome is a fully automated platform that removes the need for any manual work from the user during preparations. Sample kits are required to prepare samples on the Accelerome.
TGB performed a pilot study testing this technology in comparison to our standard manual in-solution processing workflow. The Accelerome was more robust, reproducible (reduced variability), faster, and more sensitive than our traditional workflows, resulting in improved identification of proteins, particularly from samples with limited starting protein mass. Moreover, the automated platform reduces variability and increases throughput, two critical requirements for the ongoing biomarkers studies at NIA.
Utilization of the sample kits in combination with the Accelerome eliminates the need for manual sample prep analysis and has pre-built validated methods and kit format reagents available. It also features built-in UV measurement of final peptide concentration prior to LC-MS analysis. The platform supports the use of peptide standards and has reagent kits for both label-free and TMT multiplexing applications available. It is optimized to work with Thermo Scientific Orbitrap mass spectrometers.
Fifteen (15 kits) Accelerome LFMS SP KIT 1 X 16 KIT
Fifteen (15 kits) Accelerome LF MS SP KIT 1 X 36 KIT
Delivery Date: 60 days after award
A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
Summary Statement: The Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), certification of country of ownership, and the certification of business size must be included in the response.
All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.”
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
1. Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. NIH BPA Number, if applicable:
5. SAM UEI Number:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
In case domestic sources are available and capable of fulfilling the Government's need, the Government will use evaluation preferences in accordance with FAR 25.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/:
1. FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Mar 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
2. FAR Provision 52.212.2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
3. FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (Dec 2022), is applicable to this solicitation.
4. FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Dec 2022) is applicable to this solicitation.
5. FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (June 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
1. 52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
2. 52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
3. FAR 52.204-16, Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
4. 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
5. 52.211, Brand Name or Equal (Aug 1999)6. 52.225-1, Buy American Supplies (Oct 2022) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83)
6. HHSAR 352.239-73, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice (December 18, 2015).
7. FAR 52.204-27, Prohibition on a ByteDance Covered Application (Jun 2023)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are available as an attachment. Offerors MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit completed copies as separate documents with their quotation.
1. FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
2. FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
3. FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services Representation (Oct 2020) 3. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
4. NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
All responses must be received by September 21, 2023, at 10AM and must reference announcement / solicitation number NIA 23-012939. Responses may be submitted electronically to Randall Carter at Randall.firstname.lastname@example.org Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit response which, if timely received, must be considered by the agency.”
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.