Primary Contract Specialist
Secondary Contracting Officer
The essential characteristics of the Chromium Single Cell RNA sequencing kits that limit the availability to a brand name are the capacity of the product and reproducibility. Only this suggested product can furnish the requirements needed to properly sequence induced neuronal stem cells and is reliable enough to ensure that kit can be used repeatedly for different cell lines. The kits must be compatible in all needed aspects (form, fit, and function) for our sequencing protocol.
This acquisition is being conducted under Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 13 - Simplified Acquisition Procedures and FAR Part 12 - Acquisition of Commercial Products and Commercial Services, and the resultant contract award will include all applicable provisions and clauses in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2023-05 dated September 7, 2023.
The purpose of this acquisition is to purchase Chromium Next GEM single cell ATAC, Chip H and Single Index N set A kits. The National Institute on Aging (NIA) Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Immunology (LMBI) requires Chromium Next GEM single cell ATAC, Chip H and Single Index N set A kits for continued research projects studying the effects of genetics on neurodegenerative diseases. The differences between individual cells can have profound functional consequences, in both unicellular and multicellular organisms. Developed single-cell ATAC-sequencing methods enable unbiased, high-throughput, and high-resolution epigenomic analysis of individual cells. This provides an additional dimension to transcriptomic and epigenomic information relative to traditional methods that profile bulk populations of cells. Single-cell profiling of the transcriptome and epigenome at single cell resolution can transform the researchers understanding of biology, enhance the characterization of cell types and states, and gain deeper insights into underlying gene regulatory mechanisms from every cell. These single-cell sequencing methods have revealed new biology in terms of the composition of tissues, the dynamics of transcription, and the regulatory relationships between genes. Rapid technological developments at the level of cell capture, phenotyping, molecular biology, and bioinformatics promise an exciting future with numerous biological and medical applications.
Chromium Next GEM Single Cell ATAC kit V2, 16 rxn
Chromium Next GEM Chip H Single Cell kit, 48 rxns
Single Index Kit N set A, 96 rxn
- Efficiently partition 500- 10,000 nuclei per channel, for up to 80,000 nuclei per run
- Low microfluidic multiplet rate of <0.1% per 1,000 nuclei.
- High sensitivity; similar performance to standalone Single Cell ATAC or Single Cell Gene Expression Solutions performed on nuclei
- Achieve deep characterization of cell types and states with linked transcriptomic and epigenomic analyses
- Easy-to-use software for data analysis and visualization
One (1) Chromium Next GEM Chip H Single Cell Kit, 48 rxns
One (1) Single Index Kit N Set A, 96 rxn
Contract Type: A Firm Fixed Price type order award not exceeding the Simplified Acquisition Threshold is anticipated to be awarded resulting from this requirement.
Summary Statement: The Unique Entity Identifier (UEI), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), certification of country of ownership, and the certification of business size must be included in the response. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov."
Quoter Terms and Conditions (To be completed by the Offeror):
1. Period of Performance OR Delivery Date After Receipt of Order:
2. Shipping Point (F.O.B. OR Destination):
3. Payment Discount Terms:
4. NIH BPA Number, if applicable:
5. SAM UEI Number:
6. Name of Company:
7. Street Address, City, State, Zip code:
8. Name of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
9. Telephone Number and Email Address of Person Authorized to Provide Quote:
For equipment/parts/supply requirements under this requirement, if applicable, responses must include: the place of manufacturing (i.e., address if supply/equipment is a domestic end product and include country of manufacture).
Respondents that believe that they are manufacturers or authorized resellers of the brand-name product specified in this announcement must provide, as part of their response: (a) product, catalog, model, and/or part number(s); (b) product description; (c) all relevant information and documentation that the item(s) offered meets the salient physical, functional, or performance characteristics as specified in the purchase description; quantity; estimated price or cost; shipping, handling, and/or installation charges; and delivery date after receipt of order.
In case domestic sources are available and capable of fulfilling the Government's need, the Government will use evaluation preferences in accordance with FAR 25.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PROVISIONS, AND REPRESENTATIONS
The FAR Clauses are incorporated by reference and are provided in full text at https://www.acquisition.gov/:
- FAR Provision 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerers-Commercial Items (Mar 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
- FAR Provision 52.212-2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (Nov 2021) is applicable to this solicitation. The Government will evaluate quotations or offers in accordance with FAR 13.106-2 and award a purchase order from this solicitation to the responsible offerer whose quote conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate quotes: Technical capability of the item offered to meet the Government requirement; Price; and Past performance [see FAR 13.106-2(b)(3)]
- FAR Provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications Commercial Items (Dec 2022) is applicable to this solicitation.
- FAR Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (Dec 2022) is applicable to this solicitation.
- FAR clause at 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (June 2023) is applicable to this solicitation.
In addition, the following FAR provisions and clauses are applicable to this solicitation and incorporated by reference:
- 52.204-7 System for Award Management (Oct 2018),
- 52.204-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (Oct 2018),
- FAR 52.204-16, Commercial and Government Entity Code Reporting (Aug 2020),
- 52.204-18 Commercial and Government Entity Code Maintenance (Aug 2020),
- 52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal (Aug 1999),
- 52.225-1, Buy American-Supplies (Oct 2022) (41 U.S.C. chapter 83),
- HHSAR 352.239-73, Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Notice (December 18, 2015).
- FAR 52.204-27, Prohibition on a ByteDance Covered Application (June 2023)
The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition and are available as an attachment. Offerers MUST complete the provision at 52.204-24 and 52.204-26 and submit completed copies as separate documents with their quotation.
- FAR 52.204-24, Representation Regarding Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
- FAR 52.204-25, Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment (Nov 2021)
- FAR 52.204-26, Covered Telecommunications Equipment or Services Representation (Oct 2020)
- NIH Invoice and Payment Provisions
All responses must be received by September 18, 2023, at 09:00 AM and must reference announcement/ solicitation number NIA 23-012754. Responses may be submitted electronically to Carla Blalock at email@example.com. Fax responses will not be accepted.
Interested parties may identify in writing their interest and capability in response to this requirement. Responses to this notice shall contain sufficient information to establish the interested parties’ bona-fide capabilities for fulfilling the requirement and include: unit price, list price, shipping and handling costs, the delivery period after contract award, the prompt payment discount terms, the F.O.B. Point (Destination or Origin), the Dun & Bradstreet Number (DUNS), the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), and the certification of business size. All offerors must have an active registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) www.sam.gov.
All responses must be received by closing date and must reference the announcement. Responses may be submitted electronically to the attention of the contract specialist. Fax responses will not be accepted.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.