Submit a Question or Comment

Before reaching out, please consult NIDA’s Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not addressed by our FAQs, our office will respond shortly.

Please note this inbox is not confidential is not monitored for emergencies. NIDA is a biomedical research organization and does not provide personalized medical advice, treatment, counseling, or legal consultation. Information provided by NIDA is not a substitute for professional medical care.

IN AN EMERGENCY: If you or someone you know is experiencing severe symptoms or is in immediate danger, please seek immediate medical attention by calling 9-1-1 or visiting an emergency department. If you or someone you know experiencing a substance use and/or mental health crisis or any other kind of emotional distress, please call or text 988 or chat to reach the 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline. Trained crisis counselors are available 24/7 to help you. Poison control can be reached at 1-800-222-1222 or

FIND TREATMENT: For referrals to substance use and mental health treatment programs, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit to find a qualified health care provider in your area.

For other personal medical advice, please speak to your doctor. Learn more about finding a doctor or medical facility: