What We Do:
NIDA's mission is to advance science on drug use and addiction and to apply that knowledge to improve individual and public health.
- Strategically supporting and conducting basic and clinical research on drug use (including nicotine), its consequences, and the underlying neurobiological, behavioral, and social mechanisms involved.
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder.
- Director's Page
- HIV Research Program (HRP)
- International Program
- Office of Diversity and Health Disparities
- Nora Volkow, M.D. - Director
- Wilson Compton, M.D., M.P.E. - Deputy Director
- Nathaniel Davis - Executive Officer
- Jennifer Hobin, Ph.D. - Chief of Staff, NIDA; Director, Office of Science Policy and Communications (OSPC)
- Hilda Schulke - Staff Assistant to the Director
- Kelley Villers - Staff Assistant to NIDA Deputy Director, OD Program Specialist
- Ellie Johnson - Supervisory Staff Assistant
- Marie Lafontant - Staff Assistant to the Associate Director for Management
- Monglan Le - Correspondence Systems Coordinator
National Institute on Drug Abuse
National Institutes of Health
C/O NIH Mail Center
NIDA 3WFN MSC 6025
16071 Industrial Drive – Dock 11
Gaithersburg, MD 20892*
*(Use 20892 for U.S. Postal Service, 20877 for UPS and FedEx)