The agenda is now available for the 64th NIH Office of AIDS Research Advisory Council (OARAC) meeting. The virtual meeting will take place on Thursday, October 26, 2023, from 12:15 – 5:00 p.m. ET via NIH VideoCast.
Agenda highlights are included below, and complete details are available on the NIH OAR website.
- Report from Dr. Bill G. Kapogiannis, Acting Associate Director for AIDS Research and Acting Director, Office of AIDS Research, NIH
- NIH Presentation: Ending the HIV Epidemic Starts with Addressing Health Disparities
- Partner Presentation: The Epistemology of Ignorance: Normal Science, Inevitable Inequities, and Audacious Antidotes for the HIV Epidemic
- Partner Presentation: Defeating Stigma & Advancing Health Equity
- Panel Discussion: Integrating Syndemic Models in HIV Health Disparities Research
- Updates: NIH Advisory Council Representatives:
- AIDS Research Advisory Committee (ARAC)
- National Advisory Mental Health Council (NAMHC)
- National Advisory Council on Drug Abuse (NACDA)
- NIH AIDS Executive Committee (NAEC)
- Updates: HIV Clinical Guidelines Working Groups of OARAC
- Public Comment and Closing Remarks
Any person may file public comments with the Council by emailing OARACinfo@nih.gov. Statements should include contact information, as well as the personal or professional affiliation of the commenter.