The Clinical Trials Network (CTN) framework consists of sixteen nodes, a Clinical Coordinating Center, and a Data and Statistics Center. This framework links a variety of treatment providers and patient populations throughout the country. This allows the CTN to provide a broad and powerful infrastructure for rapid, multi-site testing of promising science-based therapies and the subsequent delivery of these treatments to patients in a variety of treatment settings.
The CTN recently added five nodes through funding from the NIH HEAL Initiative℠:
- PI: Jane Liebschutz, M.D., Ph.D. (University of Pittsburgh)
- PI: Erin Winstanley, Ph.D. (West Virginia University)
- PI: Niranjan Karnik, M.D., Ph.D. (University of Illinois Chicago)
- PI: Adam Joseph Gordon, M.D. (University of Utah)
- PI: Gerald Cochran, M.S.W., Ph.D. (University of Utah)
Greater Southern California Node
- PI: Yih-Ing Hser, Ph.D. (University of California at Los Angeles)
- PI: Larissa Mooney, M.D. (University of California at Los Angeles)
- PI: Kimberly Page, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.S. (University of New Mexico)
More information about the NIH HEAL Initiative℠ and CTN expansion can be found on the NIH HEAL site.