- Science to Medicine: Review the latest science about medication treatment for opioid use disorder and get considerations and resources from a fellow RN.
- Adolescent Substance Use and Rx Medication Misuse (CE) – Videos from your peers enhance this course, which aims to help you navigate confidentiality in discussions with your teen patients about their substance use. Features tips and talking points for patients at all risk levels.
- SBIRT Resources from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing – Resources to help nurses screen for substance use and provide risk reduction.
- Naloxone Use in the School Setting: The Role of the School Nurse (CE) – National Association of School Nurses (NASN) Learning Center
- Opioid Overdose Awareness and Prevention Program: A Model for School Health (CE) – National Association of School Nurses (NASN) Learning Center
- Blending Initiative Motivational Interviewing CE and Patient Simulation (CE) – Practical guidance in effective Motivational Interviewing techniques to facilitate conversations with patients to address health risk behaviors.
- Applying CDC’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids: An Online Training Series for Healthcare Providers (CE) – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- NIH Pain Consortium’s Centers of Excellence in Pain Education
Curriculum resources for medical, dental, nursing and pharmacy students to enhance and improve how health care professionals are taught about pain and its treatment.
- Addiction Science
Learn about the complexities around addiction and how it changes the brain.
Opioids and the Drug Overdose Crisis
- Naloxone in the Schools Toolkit – National Association of School Nurses
- Naloxone for Opioid Overdose: Life-Saving Science
- The Disposal of Unused Medicines – Use this resource to advise your patients on how to safely dispose of unused or expired medications.
- Educational materials on addiction and substance use that you can share with your patients.
- Treatment materials to share with your patients on drug addiction, addiction treatment, and more.
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CME courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.