Photo by ©iStock.com/Pornpak Khunatorn
Review recent substance use and addiction courses, guidelines, briefs and more for social workers.
- Science to Medicine: Review the latest science and read about how other clinicians are screening for substance use disorder (SUD) in their practice settings.
- NIDAMED CME/CE Activities – Visit this page for courses related to opioids and addiction.
- Social Work Online CE Institute – Check out the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) for a variety of CE courses related to substance use and addiction.
Opioid Crisis and Pain Management
- Opiates in Our Backyard: Implications for Drug Policy – Social Justice Brief from NASW
- Clients with Substance Use Disorders – NASW’s standards for social work practice for clients with SUDs.
- NASW Social Work Talks Podcast: Opioid Crisis – The podcast discusses opioid addiction, the harm reduction approach, paths to recovery, and recovery support.
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW) – NCSACW is a national resource center with training and technical assistance for professions to improve the well-being and recovery outcomes for children, parents, and families.
- The Addiction Technology Transfer Center Network – An international, multidisciplinary resource for addiction-related information.
- Check out NIDAMED’s For Your Patients page for educational materials on addiction and substance use.
- Visit the NIDAMED homepage for additional CE courses, patient materials, and information on the opioid crisis, screening, prevention, and treatment.