The term “comorbidity” describes two or more disorders or illnesses occurring in the same person. They can occur at the same time or one after the other. Comorbidity also implies interactions between the illnesses that can worsen the course of both.
- NIDA COVID-19 Resources
- HHS: About the Multiple Chronic Conditions Initiative (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Brain Cognitive Development (ABCD Study) (NIDA)
- Mental Health and Addiction Insurance Help (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- First-Episode Psychosis and Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorders (SAMHSA)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- CDC - Federal Disaster Mental Health Resources