What We Do:
Advancing Solutions for Drug Addiction
DESPR is looking for research solutions to these questions:
- What personal and environmental influences contribute to substance use patterns?
- How does technology contribute to substance use and addiction?
- How can we get more large systems of care to adopt evidence based interventions?
- How can we promote population neuroscience?
- How can we minimize the risk of addiction to opioid analgesics among people suffering from pain?
- How can we better promote evidence based screening and treatment of HIV related to drug use?
Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
Services Research Branch (SRB)
Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
- Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
- Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Services Research Branch (SRB)
- Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
Division Work Groups:
Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research
National Institute on Drug Abuse
C/O NIH Mail Center
NIDA 3WFN MSC 6020
16071 Industrial Drive – Dock 11
Gaithersburg, MD 20892*
*(Use 20892 for U.S. Postal Service, 20877 for UPS and FedEx)