What We Do:
Advancing Solutions for Drug Addiction
Select Recent Papers by Division Members
DESPR is looking for research solutions to these questions:
- What personal and environmental influences contribute to substance use patterns?
- How does technology contribute to substance use and addiction?
- How can we get more large systems of care to adopt evidence based interventions?
- How can we promote population neuroscience?
- How can we minimize the risk of addiction to opioid analgesics among people suffering from pain?
- How can we better promote evidence based screening and treatment of HIV related to drug use?
Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
- Carlos Blanco, M.D., Ph.D. - Director
- Bethany Deeds, Ph.D. - Deputy Director
Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Marsha Lopez, Ph.D. - Branch Chief
- MeLisa Creamer, Ph.D., MPH - Deputy Branch Chief
Services Research Branch (SRB)
- Tisha Wiley, Ph.D. - Branch Chief
- Carrie Mulford, Ph.D. - Deputy Branch Chief
Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
- Amy Goldstein, Ph.D. - Branch Chief
- Aria Crump, Sc.D. - Deputy Branch Chief
- Office of the DESPR Director (OD)
- Epidemiology Research Branch (ERB)
- Services Research Branch (SRB)
- Prevention Research Branch (PRB)
Division Work Groups:
Division of Epidemiology, Services and Prevention Research
National Institute on Drug Abuse
C/O NIH Mail Center
NIDA 3WFN MSC 6020
16071 Industrial Drive – Dock 11
Gaithersburg, MD 20892*
*(Use 20892 for U.S. Postal Service, 20877 for UPS and FedEx)