NIDA has issued a Notice of Special Interest (NOSI) identifying research priorities and grant mechanisms to support international collaboration in all areas of NIDA-supported research addressing the causes, consequences, prevention, treatment, recovery, or policies related to drug use, misuse, and addiction.
NOT-DA-21-064, International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction Research, expands the number and type of research grants that may be utilized to support investigator-initiated applications. Applicants may select one of four Parent Funding Opportunity Announcements:
- R01 Research Project Grants (with or without clinical trials)
- R03 Small Research Grants (clinical trials not allowed)
- R21 Exploratory/Developmental Research Grants (clinical trials not allowed)
- Administrative Supplements to existing grants and cooperative agreements.
Priorities include specific substances as well as topics in:
- Basic research on neuroscience and biology
- Epidemiology, intervention, and implementation research
- Policy research
- Recovery research
- Linkages between HIV/AIDS and drug use.
NOT-DA-21-064, International Research Collaboration on Drug Abuse and Addiction NOSI