Find the latest science-based information about drug use, health, and the developing brain. Designed for young people and those who influence them—parents, guardians, teachers, and other educators—these resources inspire learning and encourage critical thinking so teens can make informed decisions about drug use and their health.
Information provided by NIDA is not a substitute for professional medical care.
Get the Facts
- College-Age and Young Adult NIDA Resources
- Commonly Used Drugs Chart
- Commonly Used Drugs and Withdrawal Symptoms (PDF, 159 KB)
- Medical School Resources
- Mind Matters Series - Provides resources for those in grades K–9.
- Preventing Drug Abuse Among Children and Adolescents: A Research-Based Guide for Parents, Educators, and Community Leaders, 2nd Edition
- Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide
- Principles of Drug Abuse Treatment for Criminal Justice Populations
- New Data on Vaping and Teen Drug Use (EVERFI's interview with NIDA's Dr. Emily Einstein and Brian Marquis, February 2020)
- Teen Prevention: Prescription Drug Safety & Vaping (EVERFI's interview with NIDA's Dr. Ruben Baler and Brian Marquis, October 2019)
- Keeping Youth Drug Free (SAMHSA)
- Guide to Reducing Vaping Among Youth and Young Adults to Vaping (SAMHSA)
- Opioids and Adolescents (Office of Adolescent Health)
- Presentation for Youth - Know the Risks: A Youth Guide to E-cigarettes (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- MEDLINEplus Health Information on Substance Use Disorders (National Library of Medicine, NIH)
- Healthfinder.gov (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Clinical trials are research studies in human volunteers conducted to answer specific health questions. Learn about the NIH-sponsored clinical trials available to you.
- NIDA Clinical Trial Locator - answer a few simple questions and get contact information for Clinical Trials near you.