- Who We Are: Contact Information
- What We Do: including “Roles & Responsibilities” from the NIH Grants Policy Statement
- How to Contact Us
- Just-In-Time Resources
- Prior Approval Requests
Who We Are:
|Pamela Fleming||Chief Grants Management Officer (GMO)||(301) 480-1159|
|Carol Alderson||Deputy Chief GMO||(301) 827-6685|
|GMB Section A|
|Amy Connolly||Supervisory Grants Management Specialist/GMB Section A||(301) 827-4457|
|Nadia Felix||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-5701|
|David Houppert||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 451-7791|
|Cheryl Nathaniel||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6703|
|Christina Rinaldi||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-0937|
|GMB Section B|
|Jen Schermerhorn||Supervisory Grants Management Specialist/GMB Section B||(301) 827-6704|
|Krista Lyles||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 480-2203|
|Allison Moyal||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 435-1220|
|Cam Nguyen||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 443-0212|
|GMB Section C|
|Ericka Wells||Supervisory Grants Management Specialist/GMB Section C||(301) 827-6705|
|Amy Bucheimer||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6694|
|Garlin Hallas||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-4507|
|Juliette Lee||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 402-7744|
|Nikki McKay||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-7469|
|GMB Section D|
|Lennin Greenwood||Supervisory Grants Management Specialist/GMB Section D||(301) 827-0478|
|Karinne Chevalier-Davis||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 827-6449|
|Tiffany Johnson||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 402-9607|
|Aida Vasquez||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 480-2154|
|Kwesi Wright||Grants Management Specialist||(301) 451-0617|
What We Do:
NIDA’s Grants Management Branch (GMB) provides effective management and stewardship of NIDA's extramural grant funds, and customer service to our NIDA colleagues and recipients.
The Grants Management Officer (GMO) at NIDA is responsible for the business management and other non-programmatic aspects of the award. These include, but are not limited to reviewing grant applications for administrative and budget content and compliance with statutes, regulations, and guidelines; negotiating grants, including the terms and conditions of award, and providing advice and technical assistance to applicants and recipients, and administering the grants. The Grants Management Specialist (GMS) whose name appears in the NoA is an agent of the GMO and is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day management of a portfolio of grants.
NIDA GMB staff develops, implement, and coordinate NIDA procedures for the management of grants and cooperative agreements. Also, GMB staff prepares recurring and special reports and maintains records relating to grant applications and awards. See more about Grants Management role at NIDA in the NIH Grants Policy Statement "Roles and Responsibilities."
How to Contact Us:
- All applicants and recipients can find the name and contact information of your grants management specialist and program official in the eRA Commons, in “Status.”
Just in Time Resources
"Just-in-time" refers to information that NIDA requests after an application has been peer reviewed. Receiving a just-in-time request does not guarantee or indicate in any way whether an applicant will get an award. See links below for additional resources."
- “Just-in-Time” Resources from eRA
- Other Support Resources from OER, with updated forms required after 1/25/2022
- NIHGPS page on just in time resources
Prior Approval Requests
Please see below for the NIDA requirements for these prior approval requests. Also, please see the NIH Grants Policy Statement 8.1 Changes in Project and Budget for information about post-award changes to your NIDA grant.
- Application Instructions for Phase II Type 4 Transition Applications: R01, R21, R24, R34, U01
- Application Instructions for Phase II Type 4 Transition Applications: R33, UH3, R42 & R44
- Application Instructions for R00 Transition Applications
- Administrative Supplements to Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- Request for Change of Principal Investigator
- Request for Change of Recipient
- Request for Carryover
- Request for Carryover of an Unobligated Balance for a T32 or T90 Award
- Request for No-Cost Extension
- NIH Grants Policy Statement
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts
is the official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunities.
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
NIH's home page for eRA, grants policy, NIH-wide initiatives, types of grant programs and more.