The following videos show different situations and approaches to screening, intervening, treating and managing these patients in emergency departments.
- Conversation tools and strategies
- Opioid use disorder & withdrawal assessments
- Treatment for opioid use disorder
- Harm-reduction strategies
This series of videos give guidance on how to speak and work with patients to encourage them to enter treatment.
- Case 1: Opioid Overdose: ED-Initiated Buprenorphine
- Case 2: Seeking Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Case 3: Opioid Overdose: Harm Reduction
- Case 4: Adolescent Presenting with Opioid Overdose: Assessment, Intervention and Referral
- This video elaborates on quantifying alcohol consumption and performing a brief intervention
- Case 5: Prescription Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms: Assessment, Treatment and Referral